Search the forum,

Discuss Importance of full servicing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I carried out a full service on a Evo today I was a bit surprised to find so much debri in the sump for some reason this one slipped through the net last year and only got a safety check won't happen again šŸ˜‰

Cheers kop

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_110551.jpg
    IMG_20200427_110551.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200427_110638.jpg
    IMG_20200427_110638.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200427_110540.jpg
    IMG_20200427_110540.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200427_122007.jpg
    IMG_20200427_122007.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 40
Did you take the trap off underneath? Theyā€™re a bugger for getting blocked up then backs up into the sump

Did you take the trap off underneath? Theyā€™re a bugger for getting blocked up then backs up into the sump
Yes mate I did remove the trap I cleaned it out I also flushed the heat exchanger through with water into a bowl , agreed bud it doesn't take much to block em up , do you think it's the heat exchanger being dissolved slightly by the acidic condense ? Kop

Yes mate I did remove the trap I cleaned it out I also flushed the heat exchanger through with water into a bowl , agreed bud it doesn't take much to block em up , do you think it's the heat exchanger being dissolved slightly by the acidic condense ? Kop

I would say itā€™s a possibility if the condensate pools inside the heat ex as a result of shoddy/improper servicing, as these isars/icos have always been susceptible to blockage if not serviced correctly Iā€™ve replaced a few that have been leaking.
More likely these boiler on a monthly service contract where you pay 30quid a month just to have an fga stuck down the flue once a year, only to be told you need to stump up more cash to replace as yours is now ā€œuneconomical to repairā€

Reply to Importance of full servicing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock