Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion heater.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Mobius

Can anyone suggest the best brand, metal type of Immersion heater...

Having just explored online, seems so many different types... eurralloy, titanium, copper, incaloy the list goes on...

Its a 27 inch Immersion... I want super fast, best quality.

would go for the incaloy one,should do the job nicely for 27'' top entry immersion heater

imho

Same as puddle but there is nothing wrong with a good old copper. Would you think about a titanium kettle. Don't think so.
Super fast? 3 kw is 3kw no matter what type of jacket. They are all the same some are just a "bit" more resilient to corrosion or lime.
If you want super fast hook the cylinder up to a 30kw boiler for around 2-3K:D

Banico make the best british stuff british price

Howdens for me. Good Scottish company just down the road from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion heater.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I have a 20 year old Megaflo CL250 indirect hot water tank that I typically heat with an oil-fired boiler. It has locations for two immersion heaters (one at the base of the tank and the other halfway up). Only the lower immersion is installed and the other (halfway up the tank) is...
Replies
Views
An easy one... The power cable from my immersion heater controller to the heater itself needs replacing. It's been stripped back so many times over the years that it's getting too short. Can someone qualified tell me exactly what cable to ask for? From what I've read, it would be a three-core...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a very strange problem to solve. We are on economy 7 metering with 2 CU, 1 for appliances/lights and 1 for our heaters and the immersion heater. The immersion heater has its own 16amp fuse on the CU. The problem we have is the immersion heater switches on about 3pm and goes off...
Replies
Views
Hello, i have a job that had an immersion heater overheating, i didn't know how old it was so just replaced it as they don't seem to last these days. Within a week it had overheated, so i reset it. Now a month later it has gone again, and maybe once more. It's a 14" immersion, incoloy/titanium...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi, I'm replacing a 14" copper immersion heater installed into a Fortic hot water cylinder. The heater failed after just three years. Hoping to get more life out of the next one, I've ordered an Incoloy, but am wondering whether to go for the titanium instead. It's only an extra couple of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock