Search the forum,

Discuss I’m a trainee gas engineer doing portfolio. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

For electrical thermostats to test you would establish main burner then turn on low, then burner should completely go out. Why is this?

You need to be a bit more specific, are you referring to an electric thermostat ( a dial with numbers indicated) on a boiler? If so you heat up the appliance and when the set temperature is reached, the thermostat should close the main gas valve via the solenoid.

An electronic thermostat ( thermistor) once at or close to the set temperature will modulate the main gas burner down and / or possibly switch the boiler off.

I suspect that you are refering to a Vapour Pressure FSD ( on cooker ovens). Light burner, should light on low flame, after 30 secs rises to a high flame.
Turn gas supply off, wait 90 seconds and relight - should relight on low flame

You need to be a bit more specific, are you referring to an electric thermostat ( a dial with numbers indicated) on a boiler? If so you heat up the appliance and when the set temperature is reached, the thermostat should close the main gas valve via the solenoid.

An electronic thermostat ( thermistor) once at or close to the set temperature will modulate the main gas burner down and / or possibly switch the boiler off.

I suspect that you are refering to a Vapour Pressure FSD ( on cooker ovens). Light burner, should light on low flame, after 30 secs rises to a high flame.
Turn gas supply off, wait 90 seconds and relight - should relight on low flame
Sorry I was referring to the central heating stat, on my testing sheet it states to turn boiler stat to low once main burner has establish and should go out.

Reply to I’m a trainee gas engineer doing portfolio. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock