Search the forum,

Discuss Ignition issue Main Eco 30 Combi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I was fitted about 7 years ago, the whole pipe work is new and radiators.

I have so far replaced the electrodes since it was old and bent (it was working but I wanted to avoid it failing), the heat exchanger was hoovered and the seal was replaced, the diverter valve and actuator was replaced (since a small leak damaged it).
I have regularly flashed the water out using the drain point and running the boiler and keeping an eye on the pressure (the water is never too dark and flush it until it is clear water, I added some inhabitors, clean the filter out and took the air out of the rads, it is well balanced too.
I had to pressurise the extension vessel which is good now, on the same time I took the prv out and cleaned it very little dirt on it it’s working good, I also cleaned out the part in which condensation and other dirt accumulate.

There is one thing that annoys me on my boiler is that when ever is ignites it makes a small tiny explosive noise you can hear it from far 😫, you could describe it like a small delayed ignition 🤷🏽‍♂️

What would you recommend to check?

No he means stop pratting about inside a combustion appliance and get a gas safe engineer in.

What I said was very good my just save your life. Now stop dicking about with something you know nothing about 🤣🤣🤣

Boiler is that all you know? I’m a BMS Controls Engineer...gas safe I have since the age of 18 never had to work much in boiler made my way up...you just assuming things you don’t know...I work on real complex systems...I thought I’ll ask the question so that I know what is going on....thank you for caring for my life but looks after yourself

Couldn't give a monkey's uncle if you were a rocket scientist, stop playing with things you know sweet fa about.

Except your limitations and call a competent RGE.

I’ll give you call when I need to clean the toilet...dear plumber 😂🤣🤷🏽‍♂️...no offence I’m not arrogant...juts making up for what I said.

Boiler is that all you know? I’m a BMS Controls Engineer...gas safe I have since the age of 18 never had to work much in boiler made my way up...you just assuming things you don’t know...I work on real complex systems...I thought I’ll ask the question so that I know what is going on....thank you for caring for my life but looks after yourself

Hi. If you're GSR then provide your details to admin and they can then provide you will relevant information, as I'm sure you can imagine someone asking questions about a fuel burning appliance is not going to get answers unless they can prove they're in the trade.

Hi. If you're 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' then provide your details to admin and they can then provide you will relevant information, as I'm sure you can imagine someone asking questions about a fuel burning appliance is not going to get answers unless they can prove they're in the trade.

He's not in the trade

QUOTE="SJB060685, post: 1087233, member: 100190"]
Thought he said has gas safe since 18?
[/QUOTE]

What people say and what people are or have are two completely different things.
The comment re gas valve and fga to me means the nearest has been to gas safe is something he's got out of a christmas cracker.

I'm not gas safe, I'm an oil engineer and even though I have a background in mechanical engineering and have a good understanding of gas fired appliances outside of my speciality even I'm not aloud to ask questions. Just the way the forum is run, to prevent people who have no knowledge trying their hands at dangerous work.
I'm not here to chuck childish and quite frankly pathetic insults at people, I'm simply informing you of forum rules.

Please personal message me with your gas safe info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ignition issue Main Eco 30 Combi boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock