Search the forum,

Discuss Ignition gone on gas-fire connected to back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meraas

I have a gas fire connected to a back boiler. The ignition has gone on the fire and I've been told that the ignitiion or gas fire cannot be replaced as the back boiler is old etc.

Is there any legislation which states I cannot use a match / cooker lighter to light the gas fire?

Would it fail the CP12 certificate?

How many people have you asked to replace it? I'm not gas safe so I can't answer but I would try ringing a few companies in your area who sell back boilers.

Problem is with the fire not the back boiler. I really need to know if I can either source fires which can connect to the old back boiler sytem or whether it is legal to light the fire with a cooker lighter / long match??

Hmm the only thing you can do is ring the manufacturer if its baxi ring them and ask they will tell you yes or no.

ignition for the fire isnt a safety item, so if it is inoperable and the customer is capable of lighting it with a taper, i would mark on the safety sheet that the fire ignition is faulty and leave it at that, i would suggest you take care lighting it and use an appropriate fuel filled igniter rather than a match or lit paper as there is a risk of the match or paper leaving ash on the burner,

Thanks,

Are you effectively saying i would still get the CP12?

Thanks,

Are you effectively saying i would still get the CP12?

yes thats is correct, as long as the ignition fault was noted and the tenant capable of lighting it and was advised to use the right tool i would happily service it and note the same fault for 10yrs

Thanks alot,

By taper i assume you mean cooker lighter etc

yes a gas filled type thing, haha for the life of me i cant remember their real name, i would always suggest a match or lit paper wasn't used as ash will eventaully block the burner, used to see loads of fire burners blocked where people used to stick a *** in to light it, by the time the service was due the burner was caked in ash

Just to add, you can get a sparker or ignition lead to suit the fire no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ignition gone on gas-fire connected to back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock