Search the forum,

Discuss Ignition delayed/explosive Main Combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I was fitted about 7 years ago, the whole pipe work is new and radiators.

There is one thing that annoys me on my boiler is that when ever is ignites it makes a small tiny explosive noise you can hear it from far 😫

I have so far replaced the electrodes since it was old and bent (it was working but I wanted to avoid it failing), the heat exchanger was hoovered and the seal was replaced, the diverter valve and actuator was replaced (since a small leak damaged it).

I have regularly flashed the water out using the drain point and running the boiler and keeping an eye on the pressure (the water is never too dark and flush it until it is clear water, I added some inhabitors, clean the filter out and took the air out of the rads, it is well balanced too.

I had to pressurise the extension vessel which is good now, on the same time I took the prv out and cleaned it very little dirt on it it’s working good, I also cleaned out the part in which condensation and other dirt accumulate.

There is one thing that annoys me on my boiler is that when ever is ignites it makes a small tiny explosive noise you can hear it from far 😫, you could describe it like a small delayed ignition 🤷🏽‍♂️

What would you recommend to check?

Reply to Ignition delayed/explosive Main Combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock