Search the forum,

Discuss If we go to lockdown. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Rogerf

Gas Engineer
If the government puts us in lockdown, customers with no heating or hot water ,what are we as engineers supposed to do.
Doesn’t seem right to just say sorry but can’t attend

Go out if you want cp12s still need to be done no ifs no buts from gas safe

Govt will have to allow attendance to "emergency" calls - No heating, blocked drains etc or people will start dropping from other problems...

The government has put plumbing and heating engineers as key workers so you can all work guys. You can even send your kids to school. Just got it sent to my email by a.magazine subscription.

Anyone using face masks when entering clients houses, if so, where did you get them.

Cheers

Here is a screen shot of the article for anyone interested

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200323-210955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200323-210955_Chrome.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
Go out if you want cp12s still need to be done no ifs no buts from gas safe

It is true that the rules don't change. But if you are SE it is NOT your problem. Will the LL support your family if the worst happens? I don't think so. Even of the HES were to look at prosecutions, it wouldn't be you they are looking at. The ONLY person with the legal responsibility is the LL, and he will have a pretty good defence. LA/HA contracting companies will have a legal obligation to the LL (the LA/HA), but they could probably claim Force Majeure.

Dear Engineer,

We know that the last week has been a testing time for all. The growing seriousness of the pandemic situation and the uncertainty that it causes every one of us, both in our work and in our personal lives, has raised a lot of questions.

We also know that many of you are doing all you can to keep supporting your customers and have been looking to Gas Safe Register for guidance on how you can continue to practice safe and legal gas work. We appreciate the support you have shown our staff and inspectors at this time too.

Until the announcement made by the UK Prime Minister on 23rd March, restricting people to their homes, we continued to operate gas safety inspections and investigations, focusing on the highest risks. Our inspectors have been taking a range of precautions to protect the public and engineers that they come into contact with, as well as themselves, based on the guidance provided to businesses and the public on Gov.uk.

The HSE is currently seeking guidance from Cabinet Office on the gas engineering services and scenarios which are considered essential for the next 3 weeks; for example, attending emergency breakdown, versus installing a new appliance. As soon as more definitive guidance is available, we will publish this.

As of the evening of 23rd March, we expect to suspend Gas Safety inspections until we have further guidance. We expect we will need to continue Gas Safety Investigations, but will confirm this soon, once we the guidance from Cabinet Office and HSE on what they need from the industry, to support the nation. We had already suspended all of our Inspection Events for the time being, and are looking at suitable alternatives to attending an event in person. This work will continue, and we will communicate details of these as soon as they have been decided. For registered engineers, we now have temporary guidance from the Health and Safety Executive regarding ACS qualification renewals during the pandemic. You can click here to access it and read our FAQs. For advice on the extra support for businesses, head to Gov.uk.

You will continue to find all our latest information and advice on topics such as ACS renewals, landlords gas safety records, and how we are adapting our own service at Gas Safe Register in response to the pandemic. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for updates as we all continue to adapt to the situation.

Finally, to support our own teams and their families during the pandemic, we have changed our opening hours for our Customer Service and Technical Team, to 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours faithfully,

Vicky Lincoln,
Marketing & Customer Services DirectorBob Kerr
Gas Services Director

We are Gas Safe. Working together to provide a gas

Reply to If we go to lockdown. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock