Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a Themostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Matt T

Good morning. I hope you are all doing well.

I have a query regarding my thermostat. Long story short, I have no idea how to program the overly complex thing without a manual which the previous owners of our house didn't leave.

It is a 'Smart' portable thermostat. Smart is the brand, not the generic description of a learning thermostat. Try typing "Smart Thermostat" into Google and see how helpful it is ... The Thermostat is white with a screen on the left side two large grey buttons on the right side, a control panel under a cover at the bottom, and the word 'SMART' in capitals in the bottom right corner.

So my query is whether anyone can identify my thermostat, perhaps a product code, or link to the manufacturers website etc. so that I can find the relevant manual.

With many thanks.

As it's portable there should be a receiver box at or near the boiler or maybe in an airing cupboard if you still have a hot water cylinder.
There may be more info on that box.

I've had a search but as you have found you can't search for SMART thermostat without getting all the others come up.

What labels are there on the buttons under the hidden panel, it may be possible to work out how to program it with the given options.

Can you post a picture of the front of the thermostat and another picture of under the cover.

Last edited:
Might this be the other end of it?
This?

There seems to be a newer version available if your present one remains impenetrable!

Different logo aside, that appears to be the badger! Thank you so much for your assistance mate. Now to get reading.

Thank you @snowhead too.

Any pictures of that stat / control / receiver?

Different logo aside, that appears to be the badger!
ESI Controls will 'badge' their products with other companies names, where quantities justify.
I suspect "SMART" was unsustainable as a business name 🤪

Glad to help - eBay comes in useful for researching obsolete products - I wouldn't have found it otherwise!

Reply to Identifying a Themostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock