Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

4F04C38D-EF64-47ED-B5A2-82C50573404B.jpeg
Evening everyone, was hoping for some help identifying my in-laws bathroom sink, to see if anyone has ever came across it before. They’re thinking about getting a new one so looking for anything on how to take it apart without smashing it.

Father inlaw mentioned it had really big springs in the pedestal part so, would like any info, to save just smashing it apart.

Thanks for any help given.

Is there any sign of any fixings on the underside of the basin? If you can't see anything it may just hook on. Is there a reason you can't smash it? Are you wanting to save it?

Nothing I can see from the outside, just the joining seam with the basin. He’s hoping to get it off with out damaging the floor or wall behind it as it’s all tiled and if it comes off in chunks could crack or damage the floor/wall. Looks like it weighs a fair bit too.

Put loads of dust sheets wadded up not laid out smoothly and hit gently downwards with a hammer.
If you’re really concerned: cover the entire thing with good quality duct tape first. As a chuck comes away, cut it free with a Stanley knife and reapply duct tape to that area- it will take a long time and a lot of tape but should do the trick for you.

Reply to Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone identify the make and model of these taps please? We have one dripping bathroom sink tap but the plumber we had couldn't find a way to undo the tap / take it apart to get to the cartridge. So he's saying the only way to fix it is to replace the sink taps which would mean also...
Replies
Views
Just moved house. Need to change the seat on this toilet, but after buying 3 (that did not fit), and spending around 6 hours trawling the web, I can't find a seat that matches the dimensions I need. I am stumped, and hoping one of you just recognises this by sight! Info / clues: Neither the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to avoid any gurgling and siphoning. And there is no pretty/accessible space for me to install AAV (maybe under the sink) so I'd like to try without it but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock