Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

4F04C38D-EF64-47ED-B5A2-82C50573404B.jpeg
Evening everyone, was hoping for some help identifying my in-laws bathroom sink, to see if anyone has ever came across it before. They’re thinking about getting a new one so looking for anything on how to take it apart without smashing it.

Father inlaw mentioned it had really big springs in the pedestal part so, would like any info, to save just smashing it apart.

Thanks for any help given.

Is there any sign of any fixings on the underside of the basin? If you can't see anything it may just hook on. Is there a reason you can't smash it? Are you wanting to save it?

Nothing I can see from the outside, just the joining seam with the basin. He’s hoping to get it off with out damaging the floor or wall behind it as it’s all tiled and if it comes off in chunks could crack or damage the floor/wall. Looks like it weighs a fair bit too.

Put loads of dust sheets wadded up not laid out smoothly and hit gently downwards with a hammer.
If you’re really concerned: cover the entire thing with good quality duct tape first. As a chuck comes away, cut it free with a Stanley knife and reapply duct tape to that area- it will take a long time and a lot of tape but should do the trick for you.

Reply to Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock