Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a multi fuel burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone recognise this what I believe to be a multi fuel burner from the pics enclosed, can't find no info on the unit it's self

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 69
Can't see anything that looks like it I can't believe how difficult they are to find no data plate or nothing on it. I'd hate to be doin repairs on these day in day out would take a age!

No chimney plate then? Id would be writing to solicitors! Half a job!

Empty it out and clean burn box seep chimney . Is it lined? Looks like a double burn unit.

Be worth getting on roof and checking liner, old gas bbu removed stove tied in with ex liner and pot?

Think I'm just gunna rip it out pal if finding info about it is anything to go by then it's more hassle than it's worth!

Get a good local sweep in, clean and ask for a smoke pressure test, if it's bad rip it out if not, say thanks to the vendor for saving you money installing a multi fuel burner.
if the sweep is a member of NCA (I think) most can camera the flue as well

Cheers for the heads up stani n ermintrude I think the Handel is missing or the tool for closeing the door so could do with finding out the make to get one ordered

Think there's something missing here too apart from fuel ha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 48
Yep, fuel retaining bar has gone for a wander and the rear fire brick is on its way out.

Looks a little like a Silverdale that I came across recently that someone had knackered with house coal. It should really have a data plate on it if it was ever an approved appliance...
It would be worth starting to budget on a replacement if it is showing signs of wear and you don't know the make / model to source spares.
Some great stoves out there for not a vast sum of money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identifying a multi fuel burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently moved into a house with a central heating system that runs from oil or/and the multi fuel stove. The water gets hot and then circulates into the connect radiators but they aren't hot just warm and don't stay warm continually. Any advice get my log burner between 300-400 range...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
This is from around 2010. It's got a cross-hatched border with a floral motif. Can anyone identify it pls? Need to replace some of the the pivot-related parts... Cheers.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone help identify this bathtub please as I need to replace the side and back panel but can't find what it is. I know it's a P Shape but all the ones I have seen have the taps at the end of the bath and not on the side like this one, also the dimension of the bath tub is standard...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock