Search the forum,

Discuss Identify where or what a water pipe might lead to? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently changed a countertop in my kitchen and while doing so took the opportunity to check the incoming water pipe that's hidden behind the cabinets, while doing so I noticed something that seemed odd, the incoming water pipe seems to split 3 times after the stopcock, the first split leads to the kitchen sink so that's fine, the second goes into the wall but at an angle that's straight up and I know that leads to the bathroom upstairs and from there feeds the boiler and cold taps, the 3 split seems to go into the party wall at a downwards angle, It could be totally normal but I'm at a loss to think what this could be leading too, as far as I'm aware the neighbours don't share our water feed so I don't think its that.

Is there a logical explanation or easy way to work it out without ripping the cabinet out, Its not a big deal but I'd kind like to know what's were in the house as we keep finding unexpected things, being an old military base house, while renovating over the years.

See attached pics

Attachments

• 20210307_114417.jpg
    20210307_114417.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210307_114419.jpg
    20210307_114419.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Identify where or what a water pipe might lead to? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi there, Have bought an old house and am having the old lead water mains pipe replaced and a new stopcock location/piping installed after massively high readings from water testing by the water company. Also buying new plastic water tank to start afresh so to speak. Pipework/joinery looks to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink. Here is a picture of what I'm seeing: Pipe A - Cold water pipe. Pipe B - Behind the wood plank, B connects to a valve that shuts down the entire...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock