Search the forum,

Discuss Identify these pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, anyone know what these pipes are? I'm guessing the black pipe could be iron or lead gutter pipe as it goes in to what seems to be a gutter down pipe (the down pipe is next to the soil pipe and is slightly smaller so presume it's the gutter pipe). However it seems to be around 50mm wide and I thought gutter pipe was 68mm. Previous owner has fed a 40mm waste in to this black pipe as you can see in the pic (near the bottom by the bent part of the pipe) and sealed it off with silicone, which has failed and is leaking now. Any idea how I'd reattach the 40mm in to this pipe? I realise there aren't fittings for 40mm waste to gutter pipe. There's very little room to get the 40mm round to the soil stack in to a boss so if I can I'd rather reconnect to the current pipe if possible.

Second pipe pictured looks to be around 10mm, not sure where it goes or where it comes from yet as still bringing up the floor, could be gas? It's an old tenement in Glasgow if that helps. Any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• pipe 1.jpg
    pipe 1.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 20
  • pipe 2.jpg
    pipe 2.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 20
Lead waste pipe needs ripping out and starting again from the stack / hopper

Reply to Identify these pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance between pipe centres is 695mm. I can get a 750mm wide rail but the centres with that are 705mm and that additional 10mm could cause too much strain on...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock