Search the forum,

Discuss Identify bath tap / how to get to cartridges in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Got what is probably a simple issue if you know how.... getting as far as the ceramic cartridges so I can get them out, measure, and hope they are still a currently available size and if not see if I can dissolve out any. I'd just change the tap but would involve removing tiling, cupboards that were built next to bath, then removing bath to get to the taps behind it. Probably easier to cut a hole in my son's bedroom wall to get to it from behind!

Anyway taps have no grub screws, have what looks like a chrome disc on the top that I seem to remember screwed off but I can't shift, either reverse or forward thread, but then they have nothing to get hold of and are probably well and truly stuck by now.

It was bought in 2010 from "Bathroom Heaven" which no longer appears to exist but don't know the actual manufacturer. They called it "BH8795 - Fontanne Bath Filler Tap".

I've attached a few photos if anyone recognises how you would do it.

Seen suggestions of putting WD40 around the edge to see if it will penetrate a thread if there is one but would make it even slippier to get off then so asking first.

thanks

Steve

Attachments

• 2022-04-03 08.12.55.jpg
    2022-04-03 08.12.55.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2022-04-03 08.13.04.jpg
    2022-04-03 08.13.04.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2022-04-03 08.13.30.jpg
    2022-04-03 08.13.30.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Identify bath tap / how to get to cartridges in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock