Search the forum,

Discuss Identify a waste pipe part and how to plug it off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Weve just bought a 1930s house and the previous owners appear to have just ripped out the washing machine waste pipe and inlet valve as the waste pipe was a mess leaking everywhere, they switched off the isolation valve for the hot water thinking it was the washing machine isolation valve which doesn't isolate fully.

To cut a long story short I've replaced the washing machine isolation valve. Re connected the kitchen sink waste pipe but... theres this part missing and for the life of me cant think what they had connected to it. Can anyone identify the part and if theres such a thing to plug it off as I cant use the sink until it's done. It's 2inch in diameter and 12cm long.

IMG-20190910-WA0023.jpg

40mm push fit cap end

That would probably be where the waste pipe for the washing machine waste was connected, it would normally be as the link below, but that won't fit in your setup;

Where are you measuring the 2", that waste would normally be 1.5" measured inside the white nylon where the black ring seal is.

To cap it off as Chalked has said;

okay that makes more sense. I've not connected my washing machine yet so the push fit socket will work a treat whilst I renovate the house.

Next question. Looking at the next photo, can I just connect the washing machine drain hose to the waste pipe bit that's sticking out at the top(top left side of the photo)?
[automerge]1568151573[/automerge]
IMG-20190910-WA0021.jpg

Yes, but I'd secure it with a stainless steel jubilee clip as well. Make sure you route the waste pipe up to just under the work top level, then let it fall to the spigot in your photograph.

Yes, but I'd secure it with a stainless steel jubilee clip as well. Make sure you route the waste pipe up to just under the work top level, then let it fall to the spigot in your photograph.

Perfect I'll do that once we move in after the renovation works are complete.

I still don't get what they had plumbed in to the waste pipe at the bottom right? The white pipe in the other spigot is from the sinks overspill and theres no room for dishwasher in the current kitchen.

Cheers for the advice,

Gareth

I still don't get what they had plumbed in to the waste pipe at the bottom right?

That's one of those You don't know what or if they were thinking at the time.

That spigot should be blanked off inside, if it is it's never been used and will need cutting out when you need it.
If it isn't, it needs plugging, stuff polythene in the end for now.

Reply to Identify a waste pipe part and how to plug it off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock