Search the forum,

Discuss Identification help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20190711_105710.jpg
AF1QipPXrRI6gNmEOjZx0wJTD3nsScRRjyW3GRBWlwVm
Hi All

Could anybody identify this for me please ( the silver box), it's on a santon premier plus pp210b calorifier, is it a pump?

Thanks
Andy
8tJ4lE_NCgNHF-_Znorbkmlem46YYQuJ5lpwap-m19qb4fjOIPaGMSWINEmJUCABWUjIZmehiFcky7vljdkHshLthnK6SalDtxVDhcPMfizZ3YYaPNBqQTunL81xz1cJHMFPHEoJbxgU48-sw0pUxbQWGlrXc78R1xdq3IRiz1RcJt-0kkU75A-sJ7VP66RN34FBgFZcuKQsgp6StFAj93DLdFpRU8jpFWznbYpI2nt4R3JVX3ZQ9yaWtdm5qGAswR0tgH0r4362RTwAVvMLkB77aWSeQDoXW2-n3UI0r3Q1pcn5QArYbUTPQYRiDMd7LaBERYXhzdHG1QzT8tNwyVLU_3C-37YQooaiVOOeJZI9nLaiTgARCS6R8kkHs1fVk-CWkH9O8C_5jOmkXekg9BwAchlwicgld6xssgiggaRCaFMr8TXPslFpr44ccU8ilEFLu47Oqix2OSgDQrlUeXY7mb-ubvhVA0FuCgaS4qA_X7TOF_F_a7basdpn4gsECxXL3hEovoCaiRXhbMtnv58m0JB9TlSo16pvKrVxQNqILZNVy_q62lJKuhyWvfZukGTh__r7cvHDlUv5T6mNgp7SISkwnmENRAKPn7R7o9DUkYnFC63-M0PqvpZDw2VBk5gWXXME8thlCEdS0FWB1rwzWhnyr5sC=w481-h641-no

Last edited:
3 port valve

Thanks just googled it and i understand what it is now, am i right in thinking on this boiler it would be sending water to the boiler and then two or one other places such as hot water and hot water for heating

IMG_20190711_105713.jpg

whats the fault / wrong?

Nothing Shaun, i'm starting out in risk assesment and looking at water heaters and trying to learn as much as i can by self tuition,cheers

do you see anything wrong might not be your job tho so dont know ?

So what can you see that’s wrong with it? I think I’ve spotted a couple of issues

1. As others have said, its a 3 port motorised valve.
2. If the controls call for hot water, it will divert the hot water from the boiler to the coil within your unvented hot water cylinder.
3. If the controls call for heating, it will divert the boiler's hot water to the space heating system (radiators and / or underfloor heating).
4. If the controls call for hot water and heating, it will send part of the boiler's hot water to each.
5. I don't like 3 port valves on unvented cylinders, as they may not cut the supply of hot water to the coil off. I prefer to see two 2 port valves, or an additional 2 port valve for the cylinder.

Is that vented or unvented?

That's a lovely place to put a drain off smack bang above the electrics :D

You’ve given the answer away.

1. As others have said, its a 3 port motorised valve.
2. If the controls call for hot water, it will divert the hot water from the boiler to the coil within your unvented hot water cylinder.
3. If the controls call for heating, it will divert the boiler's hot water to the space heating system (radiators and / or underfloor heating).
4. If the controls call for hot water and heating, it will send part of the boiler's hot water to each.
5. I don't like 3 port valves on unvented cylinders, as they may not cut the supply of hot water to the coil off. I prefer to see two 2 port valves, or an additional 2 port valve for the cylinder.
It’s not a case of liking a three port on unvented it’s not to regs full stop.

Thread closed too dodgy on unvented front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identification help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock