Search the forum,

Discuss ideas for 3 steps down to new en suite? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi currently looking at a situation where a new en suite is soon to be created by knocking through to another room with a circa 560mm high difference. Looking at creating a 3 tread mini staicase, with (from memory) a 400mm 'landing' as required by building regs for stairs near a doorway. Anyone with any experience of this?

I've seen some places where you can order to dimmensions on line, but as with stairs they have 'nosing' on the edge ok when carpeted, but thinking of tiling so no good then! Could just stain/varnish, but not sure this would be suitable down to a small ensuite.

I know some will reply 'leave it to a chippie!', but even if they were to build it I want to be clear of the best design. Also not to shoddy with a hammer and saw, so still tempted to build myself!

Anyone experinced similar or got some ideas?

bit extreme for what you need, but i got a firm to build me a timber spiral staircase to go up into the loft conversion with minimal loss of area on landing at the bottom, the guy came out measured it up, a week later he brought it back, all in sections, with one 10' x 12" x 12" timber central post, all routered for the stairs and risers, he slotted, glued and screwed it all together and if fitted like a dream, perfectly flush with the new loft bedroom floor (as i expected it to be but still a joy to watch it going in) what a pleasure watching a tradesman working, it was a crime to carpet it, but the boss didn't want it stained or painted, there wasnt a hairline gap or bruise anywhere on the whole thing, it cost about £600 i think, making one yourself is do-able but looking at what i got it just wouldn't be the same without the routered areas for everything to slot into, it was built about 7yrs ago and there is not one creak on it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideas for 3 steps down to new en suite? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi All, Just looking for a couple of pointers with regards to a coupe of technical issues / timings. In a couple of months time I'll be starting up on my own and in the last month of my redundancy I'll be using up some of my owed holidays doing a couple of jobs for my sister in law (and going...
Replies
Views
MattWeth
M
S
I went to a customer today and the request was this. The customer is building a loft extension and wants an en-suite. He is doing all the work himself and just wants some help with the plumbing. (I think he'll do this himself once he has the solution, but I'm interested anyway). He does...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock