Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal vogue combi 40kw in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, pressure dropping rapidly after being set to 1.5bar drops to 0 within a few minutes.
I’ve been round all the radiators bled them checked for leaks (none found) and re-pressurised, dropping back to zero again.
No water dripping from ceilings or around skirting boards, any suggestions, do these boilers have an issue with this?
Any direction appreciated.

Morning, have you checked if water is going through the condensate drain or the pressure relief copper pipework outside?

Both outcomes would need to be resolved by a gas engineer. You could use a local one or contact Ideal, whichever you prefer.

Morning, have you checked if water is going through the condensate drain or the pressure relief copper pipework outside?
Hello again, just got my wife to pressurise the loop whilst I stood outside and watched a consistent drip of water out of the pipe 😫

I also found out that the engineer who installed it issued a gas cert to me but didn’t register it with gas safe but did with Ideal.
What can I do to resolve this as he isn’t responding to any texts or calls?

Check with ideal as registering with the manufacturer they carried the cost of the gas safe registering,

Check with ideal as registering with the manufacturer they carried the cost of the gas safe registering,
I spoke with ideal to see if it was registered with them and asked if they could sort it out and they said no I would have to get a gas safe engineer to do it 🤷‍♂️ Even though at the time he was gas safe registered and left us a certificate.

Has it been registered for warranty and had a documented annual service?

If it is the plastic one then more than likely the heat exchanger has gone, how old is the boiler

If it is the plastic one then more than likely the heat exchanger has gone, how old is the boiler
Hopefully the condensate doesn’t just terminate out the wall and drip but you never know.

Has it been registered for warranty and had a documented annual service?
Installed in 04/2019 and registered for warranty but not gas safe. Should have come to service last year but couldn’t because of cv19, problem arose a couple of weeks ago and so I sent him a message asking for him to sort it and service it but said he was busy till this week, tried calling this week but ignoring texts and calls 🤷‍♂️

Some pictures may help us help you.
You can also pressuriser the boiler then shut the flow and return valves under the boiler.
If the boiler pressure drops it would indicate a boiler fault. If the boiler pressure remains it would indicate a system fault.

Installed in 04/2019 and registered for warranty but not gas safe. Should have come to service last year but couldn’t because of cv19, problem arose a couple of weeks ago and so I sent him a message asking for him to sort it and service it but said he was busy till this week, tried calling this week but ignoring texts and calls 🤷‍♂️
Most manufactures gave a grace period for servicing but 12 months is a stretch

Some pictures may help us help you.
You can also pressuriser the boiler then shut the flow and return valves under the boiler.
If the boiler pressure drops it would indicate a boiler fault. If the boiler pressure remains it would indicate a system fault.
I open the first blue valve which is the cold mains inlet and then open the other blue valve and pressurise the system, when it reaches 1.5 bar I close both valves and the pressure drops to zero over 1-2 minutes and sometimes less.

Reply to Ideal vogue combi 40kw in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock