Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal-standard toilet seat removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all . I am trying to remove my existing toilet seat in order to replace it.
I have removed toilet seats before , but this one has me confused. Cistern is concealed and I have minimal access to the back of the pan.
I have taken out the two allen screws but have no idea what to do next , nothing will budge.
I have attached pictures.

Thanks in advance

F2900724-47EA-452B-B1DB-B8ED8EE973C9.jpeg

Thanks all for the reply. I tried taking a seat off in one of the other toilets and it came it off just fine. Looks like the broken seat is stuck completely , I tugged so hard that entire seat starts to lift. Will see how I can loosen it up.

Thanks all for the reply. I tried taking a seat off in one of the other toilets and it came it off just fine. Looks like the broken seat is stuck completely , I tugged so hard that entire seat starts to lift. Will see how I can loosen it up.
I'm just having the same problem with a concealed cistern wc can you remember how you sorted this?

Reply to Ideal-standard toilet seat removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a replacement screw cure the problem or will I need to get a new seat?
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how to do it. The only thing that seems possibly relevant is that each bearing point has two very small rectangular gaps, one at 8 o clock and one at 4 o...
Replies
Views
Hi! Hoping for a bit of help! Thought I had an easy job of changing my toilet seat however it seems to be more challenging than I thought. It seems there’s no screw under the chrome. Just one long screw with a wing nut underneath. Please correct me if I’m wrong. The toilet seat also doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock