Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard old pillar taps, how to remove cap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I have inherited a couple of leaky Ideal Standard pillar taps that are not in there current catalogue. I am trying to remove the caps to gain access to change the washers or whatever is needed but cannot find out how to. I have tried levering upwards with a sharp screwdriver and twisting with gas pliers and a rag, nothing gives unless I am simply scared of trying hard enough ?
Any ideas welcome 😀
P1170395.JPG

P1170396.JPG

They look a little like non concussive taps, which but are you trying to remove? Looks like it should be the slightly dome shaped indice.

I'd also guess that the outer plastic is retained under the internal screw and it's only the chrome cap that comes off, probably just push fit.

Wrap a cloth around the top of the tap and pour boiling water over it, the cloth will keep the heat on longer.
It should cause some expansion / contraction and may free the top up, however it's fixed.

Reply to Ideal Standard old pillar taps, how to remove cap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock