Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard Dualux Bathroom Monobloc Taps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back in the 1980's we bought a few of the above which have ceramic disc cartridges. Generally been very reliable although have dripped which I think was caused by tiny pieces of grit scoring surfaces. Our water supply is from a reservoir and when the Water Authority did routine cleaning water got pretty mucky although in recent years much better. Anyway have run out of spare ceramic disc cartridges and wonder if anyone knows if replacements are as good quality as originals as not cheap. Think taps and presumedly cartridges were originally made in West Germany but anyones guess now. No point paying big bucks if they dont last five minutes. Does anyone know good reliable stockist please of these cartridges?
Many thanks.

Who knows these days, I bought some genuine Franke spare cartridges last week and took me 30min to get one of them in as the Orings and seals were wrong.
I'd be tempted to try the cheap ones.

Who knows these days, I bought some genuine Franke spare cartridges last week and took me 30min to get one of them in as the Orings and seals were wrong.
I'd be tempted to try the cheap ones.
Cheers Knappers. Didnt know Franke made taps, we have a 35 year old Franke sink, not much can go wrong with sink though. Thought they were Swiss but perhaps even they outsource to a cheaper spec nowadays. We probably do need to get a new monobloc basin tap and always believed Grohe were the business. Do you know if they are still good and still offer good quality replacement parts. A really good guy who has dealt with discontinued bathroom stock since the 1970's reckons the old Tantofex where the bees knees! Do you favour ceramic disc cartridge taps over conventional. Apparently Ideal Standard perfected this technology in the 70's but no idea what their current range is like.
Many thanks, Best.

I don't get that involved with tap choice but usually recommend Franke, Grohe or Bristan.
Everything seems to be ceramic now but they don't do so well with hard water in my area.
Some sort of scale inhibitor is a good idea.

Reply to Ideal Standard Dualux Bathroom Monobloc Taps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock