Search the forum,

Discuss ideal mexico super rs460 heat exchanger leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GA@46

hi my boilers flue is like a car running with it's head gasket blown lots and lots of steam that's for the first hour and then it clears up. last week it wouldn't light up and I had to strip it to find and fix the fault and looking at the heat exchanger I noticed some dried up leak stains, as I had to wait 3 days for the parts to come I noticed that the dried up leak stains had become wet and drops of water were visible are these cast iron heat exchangers prone to leaks? and how big a job is it to replace it? could it be just condensation? it's 10 years old and free standing

You may need to sit down when you find out the price of one of those heat exchangers I would guess maybe pushing 500 quid. I would think of putting boiler out to pasture.

Plus adding the cost of a gsr to fit it.

Not a diy job.

Read the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal mexico super rs460 heat exchanger leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock