Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico Boiler - should I get it replaced? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puzzidealed

Dear forum,
My boiler (HE36) has just been serviced following an intermittent L F error and had a new pcb (primary and secondary controllers) installed by the local reputable and popular engineer.
At first they put a new (orange) pcb in with the old face (not compatible I believe).
Then they added a new face plate but did not read the instructions and simply copied the old jumper settings. At that point it ran at 18kW.
I called them back and they read the instructions and set the jumpers to the right places.

It now only uses a maximum of 31kW of gas versus 41kW last year.
The gas pressure is okay, the jumpers in the correct places. It comes up with 2.2 code on start up so the controller really thinks its an HE 36.
This is the maximum it will run at (boiler thermostat as max and boiler fully cold).

Can anyone advise whether the boiler in simply knackered or point to a specific issue which might be rectified?
Do you think that inserting the pcb with wrong jumpers would damage the pcb?
Assuming the pcb is okay - what might cause the boiler to remain under powered (10kW lower compared to last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico Boiler - should I get it replaced? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock