Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic or Worcester?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deb16

Hi, Im new to the site & would greatly appreciate some expert advice.

My parents applied for the Warmfront grant. They had a surveyor come to see them last week & authorise a new boiler. Currently they have a Vaillant 824 which is over 10 years old. The surveyor told them Vaillant boilers are not supllied by Warmfront but they would get a Worcester 28i Junior (which he confirmed is a very good boiler!).

Parents had phone call from installers to make an apponitemnt to install boiler. When they asked about the boiler they were told that it would be an Ideal Logic 30 combi not Worcester. Apparently they dont install Worcester boilers in their post code area ????:confused:

When my parents told me about this, I was a little perturbed as I had an old Ideal boiler in my last house & it was crap but this is going back 10 years!! If warmfront aren't going to supply a good bolier I think I'd rather persuade my parents not to go for it.

Can anyone advise as to whether you think we should accept the Ideal Logic?
Do you have any experience with these boliers?
Is is worth pursuing the Worcester?
Does anyone know why they can't install the Worcester? Surely the surveyor would have known if they couldn't install in the area!!

Also they want to install 28/12. I'm a bit concerned , especially if the weather stays like this. How long does a boiler take to install?

Ideal boilers have had a quite justified terrible reputation over the last few years but the Logic is a new redesigned boiler brought out last year and is getting good reports from everyone who has fitted them (i haven't fitted any yet) so maybe they have learned their lessons. Time will tell i suppose. The Logic has a 2 year guarantee and the Logic + has a 5 year guarantee + few other extra bits, mainly aesthetic.

You should be able to choose any boiler you like but there may be an additional payment.

If it is just the boiler being swapped they will do it in 1 - 2 days. Full system 2 - 3 days

its grant work - and ita for free - so you will get the minimum spec boiler that meets the regs....

its a bit like being on mobility and expecting a porsche instead of a micra - both do the same job get you from a to b but ones far more expensive.

i dont see why they cant fit a worcestor at an extra cost though - not sure how it works - what i do know is that they literally throw them in!

Thanks for that.

When you say "they literally throw them in" do you mean that they won't be installed properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic or Worcester?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock