Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic losing water! in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ideal Combi bolier. When I repressurise the system to 1bar it almost immediately dumps the water out the condensate pipe before even switching in on at mains. HELP!

The condensate pipe or pressure relief pipe?
Either way you are going to need a repair from a gas safe engineer.

Common fault with these, if the boiler is still in its warranty period then give ideal a call and they’ll swap out the problem part for free.

Condensate pipe, the trap immediately pushes water out the condensate pipe as soon as the boiler is pressurised.
The only way your top up water is going anywhere near condensate is if your heat exchanger is leaking and even then it would take a few days to lose that pressure. You are probably talking about pressure release pipe not condensate pipe..

Rust? I thought these were made from Ali. Was it a pinhole or a crack?
They are aliminium and for his top up water to straight go to condensate trap it would have to have a serious crack in it which is something i've never seen.
I still think he means prv pipe

Reply to Ideal logic losing water! in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock