Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Heat 15 with FD error in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Really hoping somone can shed some light on this. I have an Ideal Logic Heat 15 boiler with an FD error. However, the boiler doesn't have a pressure guage or pressure release valve, so I am unable to check the water pressure. I assume this model doesnt work in that way? I have water flowing fine throughout the house, all taps work fine, the hot water cylinder upstairs will heat up when the immersion is turned on.
We had a small hole in the pipe of one of the radiators, it's a white rubber barrier pipe, one of the dogs decided it looked tasty...
That has been fixed and I assumed that was the cause of the FD error due to low pressure, but I have no way of getting the boiler to kick in. Every restart just ends in an FD error. The heating is controlled via a Danfoss tp9000 unit that is hard wired in.

If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ian

You sure it’s D not a number ?

You got pressure in the system? Normally airing cupboard with the cylinder on the red expansion vessel there a guage

Here are some pictures of the boiler, the control unit and the pressure guage on the hot water cylinder (installed upside down because why not?)

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1656 copy.jpg
    IMG_1656 copy.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1657 copy.jpg
    IMG_1657 copy.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 30
No water in the system should have two valves connected with a flexi

Bring the pressure upto the 1 bar mark

Yes you will need a flat headed screwdriver or a penny to open the left valve as there’s no lever nest to open this first and slowly open the right lever one until you hear water moving / flowing then watch the guage turn off when it’s at 1 bar

Yes you will need a flat headed screwdriver or a penny to open the left valve as there’s no lever nest to open this first and slowly open the right lever one until you hear water moving / flowing then watch the guage turn off when it’s at 1 bar
You are and absolute LEGEND!!!! Error code has gone, boiler sounds like it is working perfectly, coming up to temp as I type. Just need to check the control panel is doing it's thing. But all signs point to success.
Thanky you so much, really couldn't have afforded to get someone out to look at this, so you have saved me time, money and stress!

Hey, I am back again. As mentioned before the water pressure is fine, thanks to King of pipes. I need to replace the inflow/onflow pipe to the radiator. I have attached pictures, it appears to be a fexible barrier pipe. I am just unsure about how it all fits together. From the pictures, can anyone tell me if it is a simple push fit set up? And if it is, is it a simple process to replace?

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 13
Why do you need to replace the pipes ?

You will have to cut it back and use a coupling

To remove it from the valve push fit can be fun use an adjustable spanner set it to 10mm and use that to push the collar in on the fitting

This is a easy fix for a pro but a pita for a diy'er fittings you simply push the collar in using the correct tool or small adjustable spanner then pull , the water pressure will need draining before carrying out the repair , obtaining a short length of pipe and cutters is your first issue ? fittings and linners are readily available at plumbers merchants. Regards kop

This is a easy fix for a pro but a pita for a diy'er fittings you simply push the collar in using the correct tool or small adjustable spanner then pull , the water pressure will need draining before carrying out the repair , obtaining a short length of pipe and cutters is your first issue ? fittings and linners are readily available at plumbers merchants. Regards kop
Thanks KOP, always there with sound advice. Just to clarify, when I remove the pipe, is it just a case of inserting a new lngth of pipe, or do I also need new fittings?

Reply to Ideal Logic Heat 15 with FD error in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock