Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi Flame Loss problem - advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!
I bought a house with a boiler installed Ideal Logic 30 Combi. I don't have warranty on it, although it's rather new, of 2015. The whole system has been drained flashed and resealed.
When I moved in I was just using hot water. When I switched on CH mode, boilers makes a noise before stopping and shows F2 on screen (flame loss). The blue light appears for a few seconds only.
So, if the blue light switches on for 3-5 seconds and goes down, does it actually count as ignition has started to burn?
Can it be something to do with a flame detector, or ignition electrode, or spark generator?
Also I've noticed a small hole in a silicone cover over flame detector electrode, can this be a reason? (on a pic)
My engineer is abroad now and I'd like to find the reason just to get an understanding how serious the fault is. Is it easy to fix or the whole boiler needs to be changed?
Thanks in advance!

cover_hole.jpg

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi Flame Loss problem - advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every seal I can find, namely flue seals, turret seals, sump connection seals, burner seal, electrode seal, flame detection seal, etc, and yet still I pick...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I've got a 2016 Logic PLus Combi 30 and a Salus RT505TX RF Thermostat The thermostat seems to keep losing connection, no matter the placement. It can be next to the boiler or in the next room and it still not get a connection. Just a weird blackspot in the kitchen blocking it (could be the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock