Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 24. Water is perfect for bathing a baby but not for shaving. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Evening from sunny Clevedon. Heat Exchange was changed 1 year and 13 days ago. I fitted a new no flow thermister, which I was told would be the main suspect but has made no difference.
Any advice ? I have a big pan on the boil all the time for shaving and doing the washing up but I rather nice hot water came out the taps.

Cheers

Have you tried slowing the flow of water out of the hot tap eg only open it 1/3

Can you measure the flow rate out of said tap

Is it the same for all taps or just this one ?

It should increase the water temp by 35 degrees at 10 litres per minute.
Check cold water temp
Set hot tap to 10lpm
Check hot water temp

It should increase the water temp by 35 degrees at 10 litres per minute.
Check cold water temp
Set hot tap to 10lpm
Check hot water temp
So put 10lt bucket under bath tap . let HW run for a couple of minutes, then time it to fill and check temperature ?

Was the temperature O.K before the new heat exchanger or was low temp the reason for changing it?

Or time how long it takes to fill a 1l bottle etc

I've had issues with these but never this time of the year ? as stated above your combi will only add 35°c to the incoming water temperature so say its 12°c then you will get hot water at 47 °c at 9 litres ish a minute the only way to achieve a higher temperature is to slow the passage of water through the plate heat exchanger but this also decreases the flow rate, it maybe your plate heat exchanger needs cleaning? Kop

With please just want to see which model you have
20210923_180601.jpg

With please just want to see which model you have
It's the 24 according to the manual

Was the main heat exchanger changed ?? Or the hot water plate heat exchanger ?? The big aluminium part is the main one as below arrowed in blue , the stainless steel heat X is the silver component tucked behind arrowed in red this is the part that heat your water and can become partially blocked and the water temperature drops off ? this is the exact same one as yours . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-214633.png
    Screenshot_20210923-214633.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Scotts asking if heat is creeping down the flow heating pipe from the boiler when the hot water tap is open ??

It was only flowing 7.8LPM at 24C which is only about 6C above the present cold water temp, about 3.3kw, will a combi fire constantly at this very low output?. maybe some problem with temp control assuming its turned up fully.

The logics also suffer with flow turbine problems they sometimes stick and get grubby if you can't get enough flow through it the boiler it will only run at a reduced rate you really need a Gsi who knows his way round a ideal Logic . Kop

Under normal conditions with the temperature control set to maximum of 60C then even this restriced flow of 7.8 LPM will require 22.8kw (from cold at 18C) so maybe other problem(s) as well.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 24. Water is perfect for bathing a baby but not for shaving. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock