• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 24. Water is perfect for bathing a baby but not for shaving. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Evening from sunny Clevedon. Heat Exchange was changed 1 year and 13 days ago. I fitted a new no flow thermister, which I was told would be the main suspect but has made no difference.
Any advice ? I have a big pan on the boil all the time for shaving and doing the washing up but I rather nice hot water came out the taps.

Cheers

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Have you tried slowing the flow of water out of the hot tap eg only open it 1/3

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Can you measure the flow rate out of said tap

Is it the same for all taps or just this one ?

scott_d

Plumber
Gas Engineer
It should increase the water temp by 35 degrees at 10 litres per minute.
Check cold water temp
Set hot tap to 10lpm
Check hot water temp

It should increase the water temp by 35 degrees at 10 litres per minute.
Check cold water temp
Set hot tap to 10lpm
Check hot water temp
So put 10lt bucket under bath tap . let HW run for a couple of minutes, then time it to fill and check temperature ?

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 24. Water is perfect for bathing a baby but not for shaving. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net