Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic boiler phume in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Adam C

I have an ideal logic combi code 33 which seems to be producing large phume compared to neighbours with same boiler. I had the boiler serviced recently and engineer said all is well and boiler is burning well. He did adjust the exhaust as the pipe was falling slightly away from boiler. He said see how that goes and let him know. It hasn't resolved the issue, any advice? The boiler ch temp dial is set to e. Phume is quite bad on burner start up and it does calm down but still.seems excessive compared to neighbours. Could it be a radiotor balancing problem? The system doesn't appear to be loosing water so a bit stuck... Boiler is 10 years old but ideally I don't want to replace without good reason. It has had a new pcb fitted with correct bcc chip 33kw and main exchange replaced a few years ago. Not sure if relevant but the pressure gauge does flicker a little and sounds a bit rattly?

Any help much appreciated..

Firstly it’s called a plume, not phume, but that’s by the by. It could be yours is set to a lower temperature than your neighbours’ boiler. If it’s not causing any issues, then, why the concern?

Could just be you run yours more than your neighbours. If it's burning fine, and everything else is OK then there's nothing to worry about?

If anything more plume points to a correctly balanced system as it's condensing more.

Reply to Ideal logic boiler phume in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Most efficient way to heat water in tank using ideal logic boiler? Hi guys I have a water tank as pictured in my profile with an ideal logic system boiler, during summer/spring we make use of our thermal solar for heating and other times of the year the boiler, we don’t have the heating on...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock