Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30+ combi boiler - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Looking for some advice as to why my central heating is not working. We have recently moved 2 radiators, replacing one with a new one. When turning the boiler back on there is now no heating. We have hot water, we have checked the pressure, bled the radiators, reset the boiler.

We do not have a room thermostat, it is all done by the boiler control. The boiler ignites when switched on with the dial stating CH temperature set by room thermostat. It then starts saying the radiator temperatures which are at 90 degrees so the boiler then switches off.

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks

I suspect you may have an air lock hence the boiler going into overheat safety

Have you moved any of the levers / valves under the boiler ?
We cant tell you to go into the boiler , but just try resetting it a couple more times it may move the air.

You could try turning the heating temp down on the boiler rad symbol and leave it calling eg turn the programmer on you should hear the pump run

by the sounds of it you have a prt3 programmer running the boiler. you say hw is ok so if boiler is running up to max temp on heating but you have no heating feel the far left pipe coming out of the bottom of the boiler, this is the flow to the heating is it getting hot. if not check the two black valves, far left and right, towards the back which are heating flow and return. the levers should both be facing upwards. when you have checked this get back to me

by the sounds of it you have a prt3 programmer running the boiler. you say hw is ok so if boiler is running up to max temp on heating but you have no heating feel the far left pipe coming out of the bottom of the boiler, this is the flow to the heating is it getting hot. if not check the two black valves, far left and right, towards the back which are heating flow and return. the levers should both be facing upwards. when you have checked this get back to me

Hi, I have checked the valves, both are facing upwards. The left hand pipe is hot at the top of the pipe only. Any ideas? Thanks

Were the flow and return valves turned off when you drained the rads

No they weren't. We have drained all the system again so no air locks or anything. When the central heating starts up it reads the temperature of the radiators but it starts by saying it's at 68 degrees then 70 odd degrees then 90degrees then the boiler switches off.

No they weren't. We have drained all the system again so no air locks or anything. When the central heating starts up it reads the temperature of the radiators but it starts by saying it's at 68 degrees then 70 odd degrees then 90degrees then the boiler switches off.
have you used the heating so far this autumn sounds like boiler is stuck in hot water mode and just circulating internally. if it is cant go any further on here and you would need to get gsr out to look at it

Reply to Ideal Logic 30+ combi boiler - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every seal I can find, namely flue seals, turret seals, sump connection seals, burner seal, electrode seal, flame detection seal, etc, and yet still I pick...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
M
  • Question
Hello - I have a Ideal 35kw combi gas boiler. Everything was fine until I switched the heating on for the first time this year. Then I got a L2 Ignition lockout error, and resetting the boiler doesn't fix it. The gas is definitely on, and the pressure is fine - any ideas? Thank you!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock