Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic 30 combi-boiler: Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm looking at getting my boiler changed soon and have been recommended this boiler. live in 1 3 bed semi.

Has anyone got it/used it/ got any feedback etc?

Thanks

I have fitted a few and are worlds apart from the isar that they replaced.

I have fitted a few and are worlds apart from the isar that they replaced.

Is this boiler any quieter than others? Ideal claim
max of 42 dbs...Have any faults developed? When did you install? Tx

Well mine heats the house very very quickly. Its a bit noiser than i thought but i have no qulams about the noise. My independent installer did have the water going round the wrong way inititally so doubt that helped:

after 2 weeks the ignition kept going out - so i rang Logic who sent an engineer round. He said we needed a new governer so we got one from the gas board. But the ignition kept going out (3 times one weekend). So the engineer came and replaced EIGHT parts (including the ignition). he said they had these problems and dont know what it is, so just change the parts. So that was annoying, but since then it has been fine. But the pre-heat doesnt seem to work - I hear the boiler comeone to heat, but turning on the tap still takes more than half a sink until hot water comes out.

The Logic + gives you 5 year warranty. I've fitted a good few over the past year or so, along with a Magnaclean by the way, and had no come backs!

Well mine heats the house very very quickly. Its a bit noiser than i thought but i have no qulams about the noise. My independent installer did have the water going round the wrong way inititally so doubt that helped:

after 2 weeks the ignition kept going out - so i rang Logic who sent an engineer round. He said we needed a new governer so we got one from the gas board. But the ignition kept going out (3 times one weekend). So the engineer came and replaced EIGHT parts (including the ignition). he said they had these problems and dont know what it is, so just change the parts. So that was annoying, but since then it has been fine. But the pre-heat doesnt seem to work - I hear the boiler comeone to heat, but turning on the tap still takes more than half a sink until hot water comes out.

I wouldn't waste my money on a condensing boiler with a aluminium heat exchanger 5 year warranty or not, it's all very well having free repairs for a few years but it's the fact you wake up and there's no heating or hot water. Heard about this ignition problem from a few guys and I know a couple that have stopped fitting them. Go on to the Vaillant website, on find an installer get a quote for an ecotech plus 831 and you'll get a 5 year warranty. The difference is you won't need to use it.

given ideals past reptation, they are best left in the merchants warehouse. better boilers and far better manufacturers are available.

Must admit can think of no professional reason to fit a ideal boiler,on their track record,I would not dream of it,it must just be down to price that people try to justify fitting them,a false economy if ever there as one and now we see the faults coming out as we all know they would have!!
imho

Fitted a few over the last 18 months and must say trouble free bar one which was sorted immediately , my opinion on boilers these days is that there so many working parts/switches that any model has potential to go wrong .

My experience says there are boilers out there that can tollerate poor installers better than others! If you have a clean and inhibited system your only concern will be how well the electrics perform.... Unfortunatly track record for Ideal isn't good! However they've got shot of the Isar PCB. hopefully the Logic is more reliable ... so far it has proven to be so!

I wouldn't have touched an ideal boiler ever again with the reputation of the isar and icos range but ideal have now rectified the problems and for me the ideal logic + is a really good boiler, I've fitted quite a few and all customers are happy with them, no problems so far in the 2 and half years, it all does depend on the installer , you get a quick install by an engineer I who don't care what happens afterwards and you'll get problems, majority of boiler manufacturers are on par with each other and will keep working without problems if the installer takes care , flushes out before and after , fits a magnetic filter a scale inhibitor to the system.

I'm now looking at Worcester Classic Combi and Compacts. Do you think one is noiser (ie has a higher sound power/ decibel level ) than the other - once it's installed? And is the Vaillant any quieter or the same. It has this Quiet Mark award but this has not been awarded in competition with any other brand.

I'm now looking at Worcester Classic Combi and Compacts. Do you think one is noiser (ie has a higher sound power/ decibel level ) than the other - once it's installed? And is the Vaillant any quieter or the same. It has this Quiet Mark award but this has not been awarded in competition with any other brand.

Please register and start your own thread. You'll get pleanty of advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic 30 combi-boiler: Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a ideal logic 35 combi boiler is just little over 4 years old in a new build property was great for first few years but since about 2 years maybe it keeps loosing pressure what I top up. Once it lost it but then the filling loop wouldn't fill back up had someone out they said it may be...
Replies
Views
IDEAL LOGIC COMBI 30, hot water not very hot, water flow fine. Would I be right in that the diverter valve cartridge needs replacing. Any other suggestions
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock