Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Independent C30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jacko

Gas Engineer
Hello guys advice needed.
Combi boiler fires up burner lights comes on for about 20 seconds and then goes off, this is followed by a L1 fault... in ch and hw mode.
System pressure ok
Flow thermistor 14kohms at room temp
Return thermistor 14kohms at room temp.
Pump seems to operate, can only check by touching it as it is an A rated pump with no front screw.
Flow return valves areopened the boiler flow pipe within the combustionchamber doesnt really get hot.
When boiler operates itseems to modulate up and then down before shuttingoff with the L1 fault.. I am thinking possible week pump but as it’s nearly£300 I need to be sure....any suggestions

Hello guys advice needed.
Combi boiler fires up burner lights comes on for about 20 seconds and then goes off, this is followed by a L1 fault... in ch and hw mode.
System pressure ok
Flow thermistor 14kohms at room temp
Return thermistor 14kohms at room temp.
Pump seems to operate, can only check by touching it as it is an A rated pump with no front screw.
Flow return valves areopened the boiler flow pipe within the combustionchamber doesnt really get hot.
When boiler operates itseems to modulate up and then down before shuttingoff with the L1 fault.. I am thinking possible week pump but as it’s nearly£300 I need to be sure....any suggestions

Boiler fixes can't be discussed on the open forums on this site. You need to contact @ShaunCorbs with details of your Gas Safe registration number for access to the closed forums.

If you are not GSR yourself, all we can advise you to do is put the covers back on your boiler and employ a qualified person to investigate and repair.

Pump seems possible but you really should not be messing with it unless your gas safe . Kop

Hello guys, thanks for your help, will try the pump. Sorry for using the wrong forum luckily Shaun helps me out on that note.

Hello guys, thanks for your help, will try the pump. Sorry for using the wrong forum luckily Shaun helps me out on that note.

Post once more

Pump operates fine, can only think of a restriction in the main heat exchanger....Ideal tech support also state the same, they advise removal of main heat exchanger and a clean out!!!!. customer advised to call out Ideal on a one off fixed fee call out.

These new ERP pumps are a right PITA , sick of them , I bet it is the pump . Please keep us informed

I took the pump out and tested it, it worked well. Apparently you can stick a thin screwdriver in the middle of it, push the screw driver in and check to see if the pump spins...
If the customer goes with Ideal I will find out the fix and post it.

I took the pump out and tested it, it worked well. Apparently you can stick a thin screwdriver in the middle of it, push the screw driver in and check to see if the pump spins...
If the customer goes with Ideal I will find out the fix and post it.

Spinning and pushing water around a system are too different things .

Reply to Ideal Independent C30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock