Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE30 boiler start-up sequence in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My Ideal Icos HE30 boiler has been reliable starter since its installation 12 year's ago.
It has been serviced every year since by the original installer.
Today the boiler failed to fire though the thermostat is calling for heat.
I replaced the batteries in the thermostat.
I turned the electricity supply 'off 'to the boiler left for a slow count of 20 and then turned it back 'on'. The display then counts down 2-1-2-1-0. Then a barely audible click.
Then nothing.
I then press reset button for a slow count of ten but to no effect.
No error codes are displayed at any point.
For the avoidance of doubt I will now contact a Gas Safe plumber.
However, before I do so I would first like to understand the start-up sequence and what the root cause of the problem might be and how the problem might be resolved.
Therefore I would be grateful to receive the guidance and expert advice of the forum members.
Thanking you in anticipation.

Last edited:
Sequence is as below bud I have had the PCB ignition board fail on these and the main board go but I would advise a visit to do a few simple checks before shelling out more cash

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-195701.png
    Screenshot_20210321-195701.png
    570.5 KB · Views: 16
Sequence is as below bud I have had the PCB ignition board fail on these and the main board go but I would advise a visit to do a few simple checks before shelling out more cash
Thanks for the info regarding the start-up sequence.
Very helpful. My user documentation doesn't contain these. Least ways not so clearly.
I have now gone back as you suggested, shut everything down as before, and restarted from scratch.
The good news is that the boiler fired up. Heating ok. DHS ok.
Thank you King of Pipes and the others who have read and contributed to the tread.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE30 boiler start-up sequence in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock