Search the forum,

Discuss IDEAL ICOS HE 15 L&F Troubleshooting Help Required in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a an IDEAL ICOS HE 15 boiler that was fitted in 2005 to a new build property and in general it's been pretty reliable over the years. However the last few weeks it started to show an L&F fault, which a reset normally clears for a week or so. However yesterday morning I woke to the L&F warning on the boiler and despite many hours of effort I failed to get the boiler to stay on and stop reporting the error for no longer than a minute. I persevered however and after work yesterday evening, I turned down the thermostat min/max dial from 3/4 to 1/4 on the front of boiler, and thankfully it is now happy to start and has been operating without any error since then. I did notice that if I turned up the thermostat min/max dial to over half, then when the boiler was next triggered to heat it would L&F again.

According to the manual it states to check the detection electrode and associated harness. The harness looks fine to me, it was replaced about a year ago from what I remember, don't think the detection electrode was ever replaced however.

Would a faulty detection electrode be the issue do you think, just not sure how it works fine if thermostat min/max dial down low and not when set to max?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers
S.

Last edited:
These are pretty simple boilers but you need a gas engineer to look at it

I would think a service on that and a couple of new parts should sort it , we cant advise any parts because its against forum rules , sorry

Reply to IDEAL ICOS HE 15 L&F Troubleshooting Help Required in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock