Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Heat H18 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All after some advice. Called out to a boiler with a noise(didn't do it when I first got there), reverberating noise on low rate. It was also due a service, checked and cleaned condensate( and pipe), cleaned heat exchanger,(replaced burner as deflection in the plate), replace spark/flame electrodes, clean injector/venturi, all readings checking out. Ideal told me it needed a new fan(fitted it still same problem), only think I haven't dismantled is the flue, elbow facing you at front of boiler(unable to access clamping screw(new build and think it was put in and then rotated)). so elbow toward 90 elbow on it's side facing left with length of flue out wall....all looks good looking into the flue from outside(no visible blockage)......they then told me I needed to redo condensate(WTF)....poured loads of water into outlet in boiler.....drained well. cut section of rigid pipe out under sink....wet vacced and co2 cannister blasted down there....all seems good. Any constructive advice appreciated. I don't think I have forgot anything.

I think you have covered the obvious things.
Maybe try the condensate into a bucket for a few days to rule out back pressure building up

Gas valve

Gas valve
Said this to Ideal as I have changed quite a few on Logics that are off the scale on minimum, but spot on max.....they said it won't be the gas valve apparently. I think I have one(new) in the garage....may just put it on and try it.

What are your reading's when it's on Low Rate?

You're either not getting enough flow through the burner or as Shaun says Gas valve. However when the gas valve is faulty i've usually had readings off the scale on low rate.

What are your reading's when it's on Low Rate?

You're either not getting enough flow through the burner or as Shaun says Gas valve. However when the gas valve is faulty i've usually had readings off the scale on low rate.
readings all check out on low rate(had them before where it maxes out on low...but fine on max.

Reply to Ideal Heat H18 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock