Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal HE15 central heating won't work but hot water does? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dodgym3

Hi
I have a ideal HE15 boiler the hot water works but the central heating won't fire up. It states that it should be on via the digi timer board and the thermostat clicks. There are no fault codes showing. Bled the radiators etc but will not kick in ?..
Please help
Thanks tim

It's not a boiler fault. Possibly the 3 port valve but just because the stat clicks doesn't mean it is working or getting power from the programmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not a boiler fault. Possibly the 3 port valve but just because the stat clicks doesn't mean it is working or getting power from the programmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi

Thank you for your reply. 3 Port? i am not sure what this is. I have put to manual on programmer etc but no joy. Light on programmer states CH is on but boiler not kicking in.
Water kicks in as normal on the program timer.
:{

Is the room thermostat battery operated? About the only thing you could do before getting someone in is make sure that it's not just them needed replacing if it is battery operated :) :welcome:

Nothing to do with timer etc ! look in cylinder cupboard you should have either 1 or 2 valves on the pipes near the pump one of these will be the problem

The water came on fired up the boiler but heating. I knew supply from programmer was working as status was C no error code. I turned the thermostat up on my mums boiler but no heating. Saw the light on thermostat flashing red replaced batteries and woosh heating came on. If I'd not been at my mums this weekend she would have called out heating engineer.Try this first.

The water came on fired up the boiler but heating. I knew supply from programmer was working as status was C no error code. I turned the thermostat up on my mums boiler but no heating. Saw the light on thermostat flashing red replaced batteries and woosh heating came on. If I'd not been at my mums this weekend she would have called out heating engineer.Try this first.

He's prob had a new boiler by now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal HE15 central heating won't work but hot water does? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock