Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal ff240 boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have just joined and hope someone maybe able to give some advice. I have had various plumbers look at this but still have the issue.

The boiler does the following:

It can do this for hours but then lights and stays on.

System is one with hot water and cold water tank in the loft.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan,

It looks and sounds to me like you need a decent gas safe registered engineer. Forum rules stipulate we cannot and will not give out gas safe advice on the assumption that the advice turns into posting person carrying out unsafe gas “work”. If you can’t get a decent engineer, then maybe someone on this forum could take a look depending where you are. Also Ideal offer service and out of warranty repairs.

Thanks,
Chris.

Thanks Chris. I won't carry the work out myself as I believe anything gas should be left to the experts but instead would just like some advice as to what it could be. I was hoping my plumber would be able to find the problem but with it being intermittent I seem to be just throwing money away.

I recently had an issue where the boiler wouldn't fire at all and it turned out to be the fan which I had replaced but 2 weeks later and I have another problem.

And right there is the problem mate we tell you what it might be, you think ah how hard can it be and you kill your self or your family. We have a duty of care and as such will offer no advice on this matter. In addition it is on open forum so anyone can see it. We will never give diy gas knowledge whether you say you’re going to get someone in or not, how do we know? You have been given excellent advice to get a gas safe engineer in. They are trained for a purpose. Alternatively you could contact ideal for a fixed price repair although your boiler may well be too old.
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal ff240 boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is holding water pressure fine, the pump runs and seems to have a bit of force behind it and I have replaced the pressure sensor but the problem persists...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock