Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal elan prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Got a call from a cust today, he has ideal elan boiler which fire up on demand for hot water ok, after 45 mins or so, boiler goes out but continues to try and relight. keeps sparking but no gas........anyone come across this before? was thinking thermocouple on way out, last for a while then lets go......

thought this has a permanent pilot,did not do an electronic one,did they?what do you mean keeps sparking ?

Is you mean you are trying to light,probable a partly blocked pilot jet

Only going by what the customer has told me over the phone, not familier with this boiler. Going to look tomorrow

more likley to be going out on overheat stat which knocks the pilot out i dont remember seeing an electronic version of this boiler either

Cheers all for the help, i will check it out and let you know

Only had time to have a quick look at this today. Will be soting it on thurs (hopefully) It is and elan 2 piped into an Albion thermal store, when the boiler reaches temperature it cuts out but continually tries to relight itself. For instance, if the boiler stat is set on 4, reaches temp tries to relight, but if you turn stat up it relights ok until it reaches temp again. \and then it goes throught the cycle of trying to relight itself......i tried to turn down the stat on the tank but this had no effect at all, anyone come across this before????????? cheers

A bit more info i didn't mention before, it is on a Albion themal store system, two pumps, one for boiler one for heating. Thing works fine when on HW&CH, but plays up when on HW only.......anyone!!!!!

It needs careful set up of the stats, the stat on the store needs to control the boiler to stop cycling. Normally boiler stat full on, store stat 75c (is there a TMV on the hot water outlet?)

The original problem, is the boiler pump running when boiler tries to light? or is it intermittent like boiler?

Eco

The boiler pump is running, as for adjusting the Cylinder stat, it is numbered from 0 to 10 for fine adjustments only and i can't find any instructions for it......the boiler pump has recently been changed by the previous owners, i am wondering if they have done this to cure a problem then sold the house without solving it....TMV- no, unless it is under the floor boards ..cheers eco warm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal elan prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock