Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal combi 30 mechanical timer 215390. Clock does not work. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Fitted this timer. Simply plugs in. Everthing works on it except that the actual clock does not work .

I'm no expert here, but I see other people have had the same problem, I think because of wrong part for their model of boiler. Also might depend on the age of the boiler.
Are you absolutely sure you have the correct model clock?

There's also this one

Last edited:
Fitted this timer. Simply plugs in. Everthing works on it except that the actual clock does not work .
This is the one that states it will fit. Others seem to have had the same problem. How can i find out if it is the correct one as Ideal will not deal with me as i am not gas registered,

All I can suggest is doing research on the web. I just thought you might like to know there are different models.

I don't know if it applies to this boiler, but I suspect you should be gas registered to replace this if it involves taking the cover off the boiler. No doubt someone will be along to comment.

All I can suggest is doing research on the web. I just thought you might like to know there are different models.

I don't know if it applies to this boiler, but I suspect you should be gas registered to replace this if it involves taking the cover off the boiler. No doubt someone will be along to comment.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sure its the manufactures fault. But they won't talk to me because i'm not gas registered. All i wanted to know, is it the right one. Although it clearly states that it will fit that boiler. It does but the clock does not work. The old one does ( different make ) which is plugged into the same socket. So why doesn't this

Hi
Sorry I haven't been able to remotely diagnose why your clock is not working.
If you have a multimeter, with the clock disconnected, it would be worth measuring the resistance between the motor wires (pins 1 and 2). If nothing there, a wire's broken or the clock motor is faulty.

I would just re-iterate the point that if the boiler was made before 2016, one version of clock is needed (204839), but if made after 2016, a different clock is needed (215390 - the one you've fitted).

Without knowing the exact boiler model range type and number, and whether it's pre or post 2016, I don't know what else to suggest.

Thanks. You are the only one that has given the information that I need.
I will now try the 204839.

Reply to Ideal combi 30 mechanical timer 215390. Clock does not work. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock