Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal C80FF / 95FF constantly on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt_t586

I have had a call from a customer telling me that their Ideal C80FF / 95FF boiler is constantly on heating. even though the dial on the boiler is on the off position!.

Im going to look at it over the weekend and was wondering if anybody has come across this problem?

Cheers

maybe the switch is naf or a zone valve is stuck giving a permanent switch live

The actual on/off switch is in the off position! That's what I gather from what the customer said on the phone.

depending what type of switch it is it may have snapped in the on position

But also the heating is on constantly so i doubt both the on/off and temp control have snapped?

the spindle could have snapped in the heating /hot water position which will give him hot water also
I have had a call from a customer telling me that their Ideal C80FF / 95FF boiler is constantly on heating. even though the dial on the boiler is on the off position!.

What are the odds on that! must be a common fault! hopefully somebody fills us in with an answer, if not one of us will hopefully!

the spindle goes into a pcb and they can snap believe it or not if you are unlucky

Additional info. The thermostat is on its lowest 10 degrees and yet the boiler is still constantly on! Any bdy have any ideas, Ive not had chance to go and look at it yet!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal C80FF / 95FF constantly on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock