Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Boiler Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I recently moved into a new house in November and we have an Ideal Logic System 24 boiler. It has been working fine up until yesterday when I noticed the pressure had dropped to below 1 bar. Not having the manual I managed to find one online which says to top up the pressure via the filling loop. From looking at the pipes at the bottom of the boiler there doesn't seem to be anywhere to connect a filling loop, nor do I have one. Is there another way to top up the pressure?

I have added some photos of the boiler and the pipes underneath. If anyone can help me then that would be great.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

Thanks for that, I hadn't even thought of looking in there. I'll have a look when I am home from work. Am I right in assuming that this is where I fill up the pressure from? And if so is it a 2 man job to get someone to check the pressure gauge while the pressure is going up from the filling loop?

If the filling loop is located away from the boiler there should be a pressure guage installed where the loop is. if not as is often the case! then yes 2 people make the job easier. If on your own then just fill a litle bit at a time and keep going back to the boiler to check and stop at 1 to 1.5 bar

Thanks for that, I hadn't even thought of looking in there. I'll have a look when I am home from work. Am I right in assuming that this is where I fill up the pressure from? And if so is it a 2 man job to get someone to check the pressure gauge while the pressure is going up from the filling loop?
Yes I agree most likely in the airing cupboard beside tank if it's not beside the boiler. Just a 1 man job if there is no gauge beside the loop you will just have to add a bit then go check how far it has went up until you get it between 1 and 1.5 bar. As others have said do it while system is cold and boiler not running.

Try there or in a kitchen cupboard or even above your boiler. Also not too sure why you have twin and earth cable inside a boiler, thought it had to be heat resistant flex?

Reply to Ideal Boiler Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock