Search the forum,

Discuss IDEAL are up against it!!! Heat exchangers replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

to just bring to light the problems Ideal are having and why they are trying to default on their warranties for their boilers.
picture says it all really and this is just one example of a heating engineers typical weeks work !!:thumbs_down:

thats TWELVE heat exchangers that have failed, and there not cheap!

17264599_1369303923092317_8384562349457282508_n.jpg

Bumped into a ideal engineer in plumb centre as they do system work, he was picking up a 3 port and he said they are flat out with changing them, I thought you should not be telling me this, as the guy in front was in the process of buying an I mini, he just left laughing.....
Not good to hear

doesnt surprise me

i use to fit them all the time but this winter has shown a lot of problems with the current range.

No matter which boiler i search for there are bad reports. I cant get a conclusive "this is best"

What draws me to the Ideal Vogue is the stainless exchange, and Opentherm.

No matter which boiler i search for there are bad reports. I cant get a conclusive "this is best"

What draws me to the Ideal Vogue is the stainless exchange, and Opentherm.

Such is life. No group of people will be happy about the same things.

Ask 20 engineers which boiler to fit and you will probably get 20 answers.

The trick is finding the right one for yourself.

Important things for me would be :-

1. Who's fitting it. If there is an issue I want somebody local who will answer the phone, not one of these national companies who you are only a number on a database.
2. Availability of spares. Everything breaks down, but I don't want somebody telling me I have to wait 2 weeks for the flux capacitor.
3. Not a worcester, but that's just my experience with their customer service on the oil side.

At least i have a good company nearby to do the fitting and servicing. Been going a long time.
Pretty much set on a Vogue now, they seem to modulate very low as well. Just need to pick a size now.

Talked that up Redsaw logic+ 24 pressure dropping no sign of leaks , luckily not one of mine let through a estate agent service and landlords my take a bit longer now

Talked that up Redsaw logic+ 24 pressure dropping no sign of leaks , luckily not one of mine let through a estate agent service and landlords my take a bit longer now

Eh?
check the condense, its going out there through h/ex when it gets hot

yep done that bud another HE for the scrap heap , if that was not bad enough had to have trans co out change the meter and regulator hay ho tomorrows another day

At least i have a good company nearby to do the fitting and servicing. Been going a long time.
Pretty much set on a Vogue now, they seem to modulate very low as well. Just need to pick a size now.
The size you need is relevant to the amount of hot water you require. A 32 will do most properties but if you have a few bathrooms the 40 is better

Reactions: Dan
Have fitted the Logics since there release and I have had maybe two heat exchangers fail in that time. Both were under warranty so changed no problem. We check by introducing food dye into the radiator and see if it turns up in the condensate trap

so would none of you suggest an ideal boiler?i posted on the forum as wanting advice for a replacement combination boiler, the plumber came round and he's a official installer for ideal..i did think worester but he says ideal were better..this is for a 3bed det house with 1 bathroom and replacing a feroli which is 14 yrs old

i wouldnt if you are looking to use there warranty service / aftercare

worcester all day for me

i wouldnt if you are looking to use there warranty service / aftercare

worcester all day for me
worcester 30i or 32i?weve had a quote for £3660 to replace our boiler with a combination worcester with 6 replacement radiators..a new control box and thermostats on all the radiators and a magna flush..is this quote about right or are we being taken for a ride? Thanks

Eh?
check the condense, its going out there through h/ex when it gets hot
Interesting this, I've only come across 1 that has failed and presumed it was a one off but sounds like it's a regular occurrence. The 1 I seen was leaking into condensate when boiler cold, so can it start leaking when it gets hot but stop when it cools down?

Have fitted the Logics since there release and I have had maybe two heat exchangers fail in that time. Both were under warranty so changed no problem. We check by introducing food dye into the radiator and see if it turns up in the condensate trap
Ditto have fitted them since first out and only had one hex replaced- this was a concern as it was fitted 2011, hex went 2015. But so far no more. I hope no more as have fitted 50 plus.

I have only come across 2 they say it was on the early logics time will tell i guess but if you come across a system loosing pressure for no apparent reason check the Hex out cheers kop

Just make sure that they fit the Gen2 version of the Vogue. Few extra little tweaks in it, few bits ironed out and a really nice colour display too.

Jon

Worcester for me or Viessman look good. Just did their installer day course and I was quite impressed. Very easy to repair and can come with a 10year warranty for an extra £100. They have a stainless steel heat exchanger.

to just bring to light the problems Ideal are having and why they are trying to default on their warranties for their boilers.
picture says it all really and this is just one example of a heating engineers typical weeks work !!:thumbs_down:

thats TWELVE heat exchangers that have failed, and there not cheap!

View attachment 29145
I've installed 100,s logic and vogue never ever had a hot water heat exchanger fitted yet! It's all about the engineer doing the job simply do it properly flush thoroughly magna clean, in line descaler on every fit mini expansion on the cold if water meter or check valve..yep I'm expensive on my installs but it's done right...if customer wants to go for cheapest quote best of luck to em I get plenty of work!

I've installed 100,s logic and vogue never ever had a hot water heat exchanger fitted yet! It's all about the engineer doing the job simply do it properly flush thoroughly magna clean, in line descaler on every fit mini expansion on the cold if water meter or check valve..yep I'm expensive on my installs but it's done right...if customer wants to go for cheapest quote best of luck to em I get plenty of work!

Couldn't agree more! Although this is the main Hex.

Not sure whether to like this or agree?

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IDEAL are up against it!!! Heat exchangers replacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock