Search the forum,

Discuss I thought i’d kicked the habit 30 years ago... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I bought my first house a while ago... needed a lot doing but my dad was around to point me in the right direction... we rewired and started to plumb top to bottom, wiped lead to copper... and lots of other stuff apprentices probably still get shown now.
The plumbing is ‘all’ still intact with the exception of maybe a seized isolator valve here or there.
I’m renovating again, I didn’t think i’d ever be doing it again, but I’ve fallen ‘off’ or back ‘on’ the wagon.
I found the forum and have say it’s a great resource... I now have the ability to check on what kind of stupid I might be today, in the same way my dad used to say “you’ve done what”!
I’m going to be reading and making a lot of notes... see you in the forum.

I’ve now got to get my head around plastic pipes and push fit couplings!

Cheers
Bob T.

Welcome to UKPF its a great resource with plenty of really knowledgeable and practical members. I have a few houses and done up many since 1982 it can be addictive even this one I am renovating now certainly will not be the last. UKPF can help with practical problems but cannot offer psycological treatment as we are all a bit lala anyway.centralheatking

Hello and welcome mr Thomas

Thanks all... i’m not a plumber, but if I bait the snares and traps, sufficiently in advance, i can eventually get the professional stuff attended to by a qualified chap. Thanks for the responses Centralheatking & Shaun, much appreciated.

All the best

BobT.

Welcome to the forum! How does it feel being back on the wagon? Lol

Welcome to the forum! How does it feel being back on the wagon? Lol
Thanks Lou... Older knees are not helping... or the knee pads that turn into shin pads, which will either stop your circulation or are even more uncomfortable to wear than kneeling your pencil. The floor seems further away than it used to be, and getting up again needs serious consideration! It’s fine being on the wagon again just as long as no one is expecting me to get anywhere quickly.
It’s all good though, I think getting stuck in again will be worth the effort.

Reply to I thought i’d kicked the habit 30 years ago... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock