Search the forum,

Discuss I need to turn the water off to cold water tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I was wondering if you could help a beginner to turn off the water to my bathroom tap that needs replacing. I’ve used an isolated valve like the one on the left before and just turn it with a flat head screwdriver, but I’ve not seen the one on the right which is the one I need to turn off and looks a bit strange. Is it just the same thing but different shape Or it isn’t a valve?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

20210930_143244.jpg

Thanks, fits in but not turning yet. i wonder if the paint in blocking it. Will WD40 help clear the paint around and in it?
Score the outer circle of the screw slot with a utility knife or thin bladed screwdriver. I don’t recall ever using an Allen key for those types, but KOP is more experienced than me.

Reply to I need to turn the water off to cold water tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock