Search the forum,

Discuss I need infor about these pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi , I was going to install an outside light when i got onto leader i seen pipes cracked and cut , I’m not sure what these pipes are for and still in use. Does anyone know if they need to be replaced please? The crack is below light

Attachments

• 0257060C-77D4-49A3-8141-A45FA964098B.jpeg
    0257060C-77D4-49A3-8141-A45FA964098B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 8CC1F584-D564-4AB5-AD45-0E1A38D318E1.jpeg
    8CC1F584-D564-4AB5-AD45-0E1A38D318E1.jpeg
    900.9 KB · Views: 28
It looks as though its a waste pipe from a bath or shower ? simply run the taps individually to identify what it supplies , plastic waste pipes can become brittle and break when exposed to UV light the heat from the sun and expansion and contraction from the changing weather conditions can cause this issue . Kop

It looks as though its a waste pipe from a bath or shower ? simply run the taps individually to identify what it supplies , plastic waste pipes can become brittle and break when exposed to UV light the heat from the sun and expansion and contraction from the changing weather conditions can cause this issue . Kop
Thank you so much for your reply, I’ve checked after your message and you are right it is a waste coming from a bath , do i have to replace them straight away ?

Yes, get the pipe fixed asap.
Really replace the whole run is best, but:
You can cut a section out and use compression fittings to slot in a new section of pipe.
An even easier job would be to cut out a short section and slide on a flexible connection (fernco).
That damage looks like it could have been caused by someone leaning a ladder on to the pipe while attending to the light fitting above(not you, of course).

You can cut a section out and use compression fittings to slot in a new section of pipe.
An even easier job would be to cut out a short section and slide on a flexible connection (fernco).
That damage looks like it could have been caused by someone leaning a ladder on to the pipe while attending to the light fitting above(not you, of cour
That damage looks like it could have been caused by someone leaning a ladder on to the pipe while attending to the light fitting above(not you, of course).
Thank you for your response, I’ll try to fix it as soon as possible, you are right it was me making hole bigger , pipes are so old there was a cut when I touched the cut it started to crack like dust.

Reply to I need infor about these pipes in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock