Search the forum,

Discuss I dont half get them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

:eek: Customer calls my basin is leaking. Get there bucket underneath masses of mastic every where has been there since 1948! Tell him you need a new basin and waste. No I dont that will do me fine, lead trap and waist.

Anyway peel the mastic off a hole in the trap the size of my thumb :eek: Honestly I know I am not going to get this off or replace clean it all up remove all the excess solder that has been put on over the years.

Get a bandage and loads of LSX and PTFE hey presto done, didnt look pretty but watertight for now. What else could I have done :confused:

Dont you just love this stuff

When you show a customer all they could choose from and they look at nothing but the price? then moan about the quality when you receive it?

Yeah you could get basins for a tenner but they do look like you bought them for a tenner! A house is something to be proud and considering I spend arounds 30mins-45mins every day of my life in my bathroom I want it to be nice.

But i guess, well I know, not all think like me and its all about costs. They want cheap cheap cheap to save money due to the current climate, then you see them smoking and have a big gas guzzling 4x4 on the drive???

yea but,
10 litres of buff masonary paint in the south of france..........£70
2.5 litres of white gloss...................................£20
plumbing fittings...well put it this way...the complete 7 rad heating system, 50 litres of paint, 3 d/g windows and other stuf is all going to be taken over there because the prices are scandulous.
just hope me missus is heavy enough to get the zip shut....

yea but,
10 litres of buff masonary paint in the south of france..........£70
2.5 litres of white gloss...................................£20
plumbing fittings...well put it this way...the complete 7 rad heating system, 50 litres of paint, 3 d/g windows and other stuf is all going to be taken over there because the prices are scandulous.
just hope me missus is heavy enough to get the zip shut....

You just dont know where to shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I dont half get them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock