Search the forum,

Discuss I can’t open a basin bottle trap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello!
I normally fix things at home and opening a basin trap is a quite easy thing, but I don’t sleep to find the way to open the bottom part of this metal basin trap that has no grip at all.
Any clues?
It’s a Hudson Reed model: Elizabeth.
Thanks on advance!
Pd: I already tried some WD40 with no success

D0BAF12C-A4BC-408A-B2A3-734D171241C1.jpeg

If it's not coming apart then it should be fairly easy to remove the trap entirely as it's an adjustable. But why are you removing it? If it's blocked then proper use of a sink plunger should do the trick...

Hello, thanks for replying!
So: the company replied to me that the piece just needs to be unscrewed. Nevertheless, it's been in use for 3 years under VERY hard water so it's formed that greenish scale in the screw gap... and given its extremely "aerodynamic" design it's impossible to unscrew.
I've just put some chemical inside and it's fine. But I wanted to open it because I dropped something and I know that's why it keeps getting stuck from time to time.
All the best and thanks!

As it comes apart you could try a strap wrench as that will not damage the chrome finish. Also can try to heat it up by puttting lots of boiling water in it.

Reply to I can’t open a basin bottle trap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock