Search the forum,

Discuss I am trying to swap the stopcock as it just keeps turning when trying to turn off the water. There is a grey thing on top I'm not sure what it is? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am trying to swap the stopcock as it just keeps turning when trying to turn off the water. There is a grey thing on top I'm not sure what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_201201.jpg
    IMG_20210127_201201.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 25
Pressure reducing valve

the stop tap will take a good 10-15 turns (clockwise) to close

Might take a good minute to stop running

Turned the water off on the road and all taps go off apart from kitchen. Slows the flow but doesn't go off after running for 30mins. Any ideas to why this is? We have a pressure system on the middle floor. No tank in the loft. Thanks.

Turned the water off on the road and all taps go off apart from kitchen. Slows the flow but doesn't go off after running for 30mins. Any ideas to why this is? We have a pressure system on the middle floor. No tank in the loft. Thanks.
Sounds like outside isn’t shut off completely, or letting by. Is it enough to do what you want to do?

Time to phone the water board as it’s there stop tap tell them it’s not turning off

You can’t turn it off and your internal one is leaking so need replacing so you need it off ;)

Reply to I am trying to swap the stopcock as it just keeps turning when trying to turn off the water. There is a grey thing on top I'm not sure what it is? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock