Search the forum,

Discuss I am starting out and getting my Gas Safe tickets - cost of tools/equipment?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clarky_two

Hello,

this is my first post in this forum so please bear with me as I am new to the industry.

I am looking to get Gas Safe qualified starting in March 2015. I have a course lined up and also a Gas Safe engineer who is happy for me to proceed with my portfolio. He has also kindly offered to give me work as he has lots on and always has done. I also have a friend who runs his own building company who has said once I get the ticket he will be able to give me plenty of work.

I am just wondering what do people think about the initial outlay of tools and equipment and the costs of these items.

I know that once I start my course and portfolio I will have a greater understanding of whats needed, but I am trying to put together a bit of a business plan and costings together, so I have the heads up on financial requirements.

Any sound advice appreciated.

Cheers

Clarky

Hi, welcome along.
what do you have already??
will you buy cheap or quality??
so many variables and there will always be another tool that you still want.
start collecting now.

I am starting with almost nothing really, apart from the usual stuff you will find in a tool box for motorcycles. so a few spanners, pliers and screw drivers etc. I think medium build leaning more towards quality rather than cheap stuff.

What kind of speciality tools for the job? MUST HAVE tools?

Thanks

Ask advice from the gas safe chap helping with your portfolio. Too many variants depending on where exactly you intend to concentrate your work

Yep, what you going to do?

Servicing?

Installs?

Repairs?

What tools you already got?

Builder will get u plenty of work. It may feel like your re doing same job six times for same price.... Then turns out you did it for free. Builders = nonce [emoji12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I am starting out and getting my Gas Safe tickets - cost of tools/equipment?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock